Friday, January 28, 2011

Mission Trip "Changed 2011" Part 8







BreAnna's Journal from Friday, Jan. 21 :

AM: Ethiopia has changed me. I came knowing I would be changed, but having gone to Nepal and Mexico and having seen poverty there, I didn’t think I would be super affected by the poverty. I had no clue that I would be more affected than I have ever been in my entire life. My heart is so burdened that my physical body hurts. Tears come to my eyes whenever I think of the orphanage yesterday and the little girl at Woliso. I am thankful that I came… I needed Ethiopia more than it needed me.

-Today was different than I expected…I’m sure God had a reason for that. Dad and I went to Hannah’s Hope, which is the orphanage that Faith was at before dad and mom brought her home. The kids there are so loved and well taken care of; a huge difference from the government orphanage. It was still hard to see the older kids, I’m not sure that all of them will get adopted. Those kids need a family today. They so wanted love from us.





-Later we headed back to CFI. It was family day. The parents/guardians came for a meal and to meet us and see what the kids had been learning/doing this week. We gave each of the children a doll and a necklace for the doll that was made of colored beads using “the wordless book” approach to sharing the Gospel. The leaders of CFI were very encouraged that many of the mothers/guardians, including the Muslim women, seemed to listen and understand as the Gospel was shared this way. The kids at CFI will be in my heart forever.




PM: We didn’t get to go to Korah (the city dump area where many people live and survive off of the garbage) today because the night before there was a big incident and some were seriously injured, so they closed Korah to all outsiders for a few weeks.I really wanted that experience of going there.


No comments:

Post a Comment